Guest Titan: Ab McDonald, Original Six Hockey Legend.
Tea of choice: Steam Tea’s Earl Grey Classic
What we cover: Four-time Stanley Cup winner and Original Six NHL Hockey legend, Ab McDonald shares insights about what separates the good from the great. (Turns out, it comes down to loving what you do, and working hard.) We talk happy memories playing with Gordie Howe, Rocket Richard, and Jean Belliveau. As well as life highlights like meeting Muhammad Ali, Bob Hope, Ed Sullivan — and jamming in his basement with Burton Cummings. (“American Woman…!”) And we do it, all over tea. (This NHL super star loves his Earl Grey.)
How you can learn more:
Ab’s 21 Tips for Success: Before our chat, I darted into the bathroom. It figures that when you pee at a 4-time Stanley Cup winner’s home, you’re going to see a poster called “21 Tips for Success” hanging on the wall. Here goes:
- Marry the right person.
- Work at something you enjoy.
- Give people more than they expect.
- Become the most positive person you know.
- Be forgiving of yourself and others.
- Be generous.
- Be grateful.
- Persistence, persistence, persistence.
- Discipline yourself to save money.
- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.
- Commit yourself to quality.
- Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, but on relationships.
- Be loyal.
- Be honest.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be decisive.
- Stop blaming others.
- Be bold and courageous.
- Take care of those you love.
- Don’t do anything that wouldn’t make your mom proud.